Olive fields by Noreen

Olive fields by Noreen
Mysterious, primordial world

Sunday 15 October 2017

AUTUMN

We are back in Turkey.   The weather is wonderful at this time of the year.  28c in the afternoon and around 20c at night.    A few days after our return, we did a two week house sit for friends who had to go to England but I still managed a swim last week and the sea was still warm.
We are now catching up on the jobs that have mounted  up while we were away! The garden had overgrown, so much that I couldn't tackle it myself and for the first time ever had to employ two men to cut it back.

  


If felt strange seeing two strangers working in my garden, pruning back plants which I have planted and tended to since I first started this garden back in 2005, but it was either pay them to do 3 hours work or spend 2 weeks doing it bit by bit myself and have to take painkillers to alleviate my back pain.  I was sensible for once and decided to put my health first.  Now that the heavy pruning is done,  I can use my small pruner to cut back the bits they missed!  I've washed all the floors,  the windows can wait!  I'll buy some new plants to replace a few which died during the long hot summer.  When that's done I hope to start on another canvas,  maybe an autumn scene?    I love autumn eventhough where we live there is very little autumn colour.  Lots of greens and of course blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment