Olive fields by Noreen

Olive fields by Noreen
Mysterious, primordial world

Tuesday 16 March 2021

FELT LIKE SUMMER TODAY!


The weather forecast is good for the next 3 to 4 days. There is a high pressure over Ireland which is going to keep our skies clear therefore wall to wall sunshine.  Hurray!!!!
I woke to the sunlight penetrating the curtains.  I couldn't wait to get up.  Not usual for me these past few months!
After a lazy breakfast I set about doing some chores. While carrying a machine load of washing out to the line I heard the birds happily chirping.  I gazed at the cloudless blue sky. It felt like being in Turkey again.  After I pegged the clothes I watched them gently floating in the light breeze. They would bask for the day in the glorious sunshine. 
After lunch Mr. D and I drove to our local forest.  
We took a leisurely walk admiring the beauty of nature as we chatted.  A solitary fisherman stood on the riverbank.

The trees looked stunning with dappled sunlight filtering through the edge of the long forest which stretches by the river.




We sat for a while and just took in the beauty that surrounded us. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment