Olive fields by Noreen

Olive fields by Noreen
Mysterious, primordial world

Friday 5 March 2021

2021 NEW YEAR NEW PROJECTS

We are into a new year and still under level 5 of this our third national lockdown. It began on 31st December and is set to continue at this level until 5th April when it will hopefully be reduced to level 4 or even level 3.   Life goes on.
The days melt into weeks.  Unfortunately too many people met up with families and friends over Christmas and the new variant of the virus has spread like wild fire. There were days when the number of cases were over 8,000 in a day and that was without contact tracing being done.  They simply hadn't the resources at that stage.
 We waited and waited for news of a reduction in Covid figures. Eventually in February the numbers started to decrease but then hit a plateau by end of February.  Some people refusing to obey the rules.  They won't wear masks and continue to have parties.  It is very frustrating for the majority of people who have stuck to the rules since march 2020. 
 The weather has been very wet and also very cold.
Mr D and I continue to take our afternoon walk.  We mostly walk by the river which is part of a very big park near our home here in Cork Ireland. 


 Since everyone in the town has the same idea it is quite a busy location. The park is spread out and there are many areas with trees where we can avoid passing too many walkers and joggers.  



It's difficult to keep finding new projects to keep oneself busy but today I decided to tackle my beloved reading chair.  I bought it originally for my mother.  She rightly said our chairs were either too soft or too low and she wanted something comfortable to relax in when she came to visit. I now use this chair when I'm reading and it's a great chair. Since it's a bit dated I thought I would brighten it up with  bright paint and new cushion covers.  Today I made a start.  I took it outside and gave it a good sanding.  Next I applied a light coat of lime green spray paint.               

It will look better when the cushions are back on.

I need to make new covers for the cushions.
I have a vision in my head of a lovely bright floral pattern.  Maybe next month the shops will reopen and I will be able to complete the project.

Meanwhile I will get back to my little studio. A painting is waiting to be finished.


 







 





No comments:

Post a Comment